Red Crossbill Photos

I went up to Ridge Junction Overlook (mile post 355.8 on the Blue Ridge
Parkway) hoping there would be some migrants coming through. Most of what I
saw were species that breed up there, so I couldn't be sure which were
migrants and which were locals.  I did, however, get a couple of pretty good
photos of a male Red Crossbill.  You can see them by clicking here:
http://www.geocities.com/ncxbill/RedCrossbill.html
Things at Ridge Junction should really pick up this week, according to our
records from the last couple of years.  We will be up there most of next
weekend if anyone would like to join us.

Dwayne
Dwayne & Lori Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Claremont, NC