White Pelican's

Hi All;
   Ben Smith and myself went to Bear Island this morning looking for the
White Pelican's that had been reported there with no luck. We searched
everywhere, but we did find a lot of Black terns. When we got home I
received a call from Cindy Smith on Wadmalaw Island that she had around 70
White Pelican's out from her house on Wadmalaw  Sound, but they had flown
off across the Sound towards Youngs Island. Well Wynema and I took off to
see if we could find them. After several failed attempts we finaley found a
house with a dock that was right in front of them,but about 200 yards out.
So no good for photo's but great looks with the scope . On 3 different
oyster banks I counted 150 total. They are on the Intercoastal waterway
just south of the Metal Trades Shipyard, or 3/4 mile past marker # 91. Dean
Walker say's they are there every afternoon, and Cindy told me she see's
them on the Wadmalaw side each morning. Her phone # is (843) 559-4363 for
info on how to see them from her side. But the best of all will be by boat!
                                                                 Have a
great day        Van Atkins

Charleston, SC
vatkins@awod.com