Re: the Greene Tract ?

Rob and others--It is the 'Adams tract' and is the chunk of land that runs
along Bolin Creek from Estes Drive Extension (at the railroad
tracks/Carrboro town line) into the woods and toward (I believe) the high
school. If you are a mountain biker, you know the area, because it is very
popular for biking. You will see a batch of cars parked at the entrance to
the path on weekends, where people have unloaded their bikes. It is pretty
much all woods, and a great place to walk, as well. Carrboro is hoping that
the land trust/any other such group will support purchasing and preserving
it for primarily recreation purposes, as opposed to someone who would
develop it for housing.--Jean

--On Wednesday, September 26, 2001 5:36 PM +0000 "Rob G."