CBC schedule, fish crows

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Tom Krakauer wrote:

> BTW, have the dates been set for the triangle Christmas bird counts?

Indeed they have. The Triangle area CBC schedule is on-line at
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/chbc/countsched.html

In addition, I found out via Pat Moore that the Cape Hatteras CBC is
scheduled for Thursday, December 27 and the Bodie and Pea Island CBC for
Friday the 28th. No idea yet when the other hot coastal counts like
Mattamuskeet, Portsmouth, Alligator River, etc. are taking place. I'll
probably miss them all for family obligations, as usual...

A few Fish Crows were lurking atop the Duke Chapel yesterday afternoon as
I biked home for pre-Yom-Kippur dinner. According to the Triangle
checklist, this week is when they're due to start heading for the coast
for the winter; they go from "uncommon" last week, to "occasional" this
week, to "rare" for all of next month, then disappear from the area
altogether until February.

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose