R-b Grosbeak; yard hummers; Magnolia W.

Yesterday morning (Wed.) it was 43 degrees when I looked out the kitchen
window to see a Ruby-throated Hummingbird on the feeder that I'd cleaned and
refilled before the cold front came. This hummer was attacked by another as
I watched, so that makes two. I think that's all. I had expected the last of
the hummers to depart with the cold front, and some did, but not all.
Conversely, I thought the cold front would blow some new warblers in, but
not at my house. (So much for expectations.) It's very quiet. I did see one
Magnolia Warbler in a sourwood late yesterday. Also watched an immature male
Rose-breasted Grosbeak eating dogwood fruits. And my neighbor Bruce and I
saw a Yellow-billed Cuckoo in the morning.
From Orange County, NC . . .
Ginger_Travis @unc.edu
Chapel Hill