Re: NC Bird Clubs

> I'm working on the Resource page of the book "Birding in North Carolina
> State Parks" and would like to include bird clubs in the state. Can you
> send me the name, address, phone number, email, and website of your
> club? Thanks!

There's a directory of NC and SC bird clubs in the Carolinabirds info
file: http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/cbirds.html#3

Please let me know if you'd like to revise your club's listing there.

> There hasn't been new reports of the Broad-billed Hummingbird. Susan, do
> you think he's still around New Bern? I know you were scheduled to band
> him Thursday. Hope he makes a return visit soon!

I'm afraid Jeff Pippen and I scared him off -- he took one look at us
and headed off in the other direction as fast as possible!  (We got a
nice 5-10 second look at ~9:15 Friday).  I bet he continued his reversed
migration northeast and is in Virginia or New Jersey by now...

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu