FBC trip to Happy Valley--Sora & Lincoln's!

The Foothills Bird Club had it's annual sparrow trip today to the Wagner
Property in Happy Valley, NC.  We were quite pleased at the results, with
the number of participants (14) and bird species (51).  Here is a list of
birds seen:

Great Blue Heron
Canada Geese (beautiful flying in from the fields with the autumn colors as
background!)
Mallard
Turkey Vulture
Cooper's Hawk
Red-shouldered Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
American Kestrel
SORA  (was seen well by two members of the group, but returned to the cover
of the marsh before the rest of us got a look see!)
Rock Dove
Mourning Dove
Belted Kingfisher
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Eastern Phoebe
Tree Swallow (one lone individual)
Blue Jay
American Crow
Carolina Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
Carolina Wren
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Eastern Bluebird
Hermit Thrush (our first this fall)
American Robin
Gray Catbird
Northern Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
Cedar Waxwing
European Starling
White-eyed Vireo
Yellow-rumped Warbler (EVERYWHERE!!!)
Palm Warbler
Northern Cardinal
Eastern Towhee
Chipping Sparrow
Field Sparrow
Savannah Sparrow
Song Sparrow
LINCOLN'S SPARROW (seen by everyone at the entrance to the property WOW!!)
Swamp Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow (a nice adult--our first this fall)
Red-winged Blackbird
Eastern Meadowlark
Common Grackle
Brown-headed Cowbird