Re: Wild Birds Unlimited Info (fwd)

In a message dated 10/25/01 7:53:39 AM, jsr6@duke.edu writes:

<< Also might be the last big movement
of non-Hermit thrushes and non-wintering warblers, as well as bringing in
plenty of sparrows. >>

Josh and All,
    This morning I did notice 3-4 Thrushes behind the house in the Dogwoods
(of course!), a couple of Swainson's and a couple of possible Gray-cheeked,
though after spending some time viewing them I am  still undecided, mainly
because couldn't see complete eye-ring, but not sure if it was the
lighting.....Also one or two had larger spots and were more heavily spotted,
which I thought was a Gray-cheeked field mark, but also one of the ones I
KNEW was a Swainson's also had heavier spotting, so, still not sure.  These
were the first Thrushes I've noticed here in a couple of weeks.
Shelley Theye

Shelley Theye
North Chatham County, NC
Psbmt@aol.com