Falls Lake

Howdy,

Well Pooh! Joe and I were part of the Chapel Hill Bird Club group Will
mentioned birding Brickhouse Road in the Butner Gamelands Sunday. A
trail leads to a part of Falls Lake where I was hoping to see a loon,
but didn't. So now I read Will and Edith saw and HEARD loons!! We even
drove on 98 past the Rollingview entrance on our way home, but didn't go
in since it was getting late and we were tired. Just like last year at
this time, Joe and I heard a loon calling at Jordan Lake. We'll try for
the Western Grebe sometime, but I sure hope the loons are still around
and calling!! We'll be birding the lakes this weekend!!

Happy birding! Karen Bearden
Raleigh, NC
chickadeebirders@earthlink.net