Lark sparrows

While birding the Bradford Creek sandpit area this morning about 10:00
I scared up a lot of sparrows and among them were  two Lark Sparrows.  I
was able to observe them for approximately 30 minutes along the grown up
ditch on a dirt path running parallel to the dirt path going up to the
sand pits.  They eventually flew off into the adjacent fields.  White
Crowned and Clay Colored were seen also among the large numbers of
sparrows.  This is the same general area that I observed Lark Sparrow
about three years ago.  There were no birds on the ponds today but I did
have a male and female Bufflehead there last week.  Good Birding.

Ken Harrell
2308 Deal Place
Greenville, N. C.  27858
kbharrell@earthlink.net