Congaree Bluffs hawk watch on 28 Nov 2001

Hi C-Birders,

I spent the afternoon at the hawk watch site at Congaree Bluffs Heritage
Preserve near Fort Motte, Calhoun County, SC. It was a very warm, even
summery day, but I did see a few migrants.

I judged the following to be migrating, since they were all moving south
with a purpose, and not just patroling the area --

Black Vulture -- 2
Turkey Vulture -- 11
Red-tailed Hawk -- 1

There were also dozens of other vultures, a Red-shouldered Hawk, and a
Sharp-shinned Hawk, but these all seemed to be local birds.

Robin Carter
Columbia, SC
rcarter@sc.rr.com