Catch a ride to owl from Ft. Fisher beach parking lot?

I would love to see the NC Snowy Owl but am 4WD-challenged.  Would anyone
planning to see the owl on Saturday have an extra seat or few square feet
of truck bed for an extra birder?  I can meet at the entrance to the
(former) Ft. Fisher spit at the beach house parking lot at any time of the
day (or any other designated spot).  I will reciprocate the favor by buying
lunch (or dinner as the case may be).

In case no one is heading that way that may be on Carolinabirds I may
consider plan B, trying to hitch a ride with a fisherperson.  Any one have
any luck with plan B?

Best,
Steve Shultz
919.779.2826 (h)