hummer update and RFI

We went (finally) to see the broad billed hummer just west of Burlington, NC
yesterday morning.  Acoording to Ms. Tickle, he has been very active in her
yard over the last several warm days.  He was around lots in the late
morning, mostly around the yard rather than visiting the feeder.  He
harrassed titmice, and did his "flying in huge pendulum arcs, defining
territory" thing.

Now that I got the Carolina part in, here goes the RFI:  We'll be on a
cruise ship over the holidays and want to know what birds we might be able
to find (pelagics)  in this area, at this time of year, from the deck of a
monster-boat.  The itinerary is Ft. Lauderdale to Key West to Cozumel to
Mexican island and return.  Also, the time in port will be very short in Key
West and Cozumel...any recommendations on high yield birding there?
Wendy Painter in Chapel Hill, NC