Patteson pelagics schedule is up

Hi Carolinabirders,

Virginia listserv reports White-winged Crossbills at Chincoteague NWR and
also Kiptopeke SP. The former ain't so far north of the state line...

I was just checking on something else and noticed that Brian Patteson has
his 2002 schedule of pelagic trips at least partially up on his website
at
http://www.Patteson.com/
Given how many Razorbills and Thick-billed Murres and Black-legged
Kittiwakes were whizzing by Halibut Point, MA on their way south last
weekend, plus a couple of unconfirmed Dovekie reports, plus the two
Pomarine Jaegers and one Greater Shearwater that I spotted, I'd wager
that this winter might not be a bad one for pelagic trips. Plus, the
weather's been so warm thus far this winter that you won't even need the
usual 10 layers of clothes! If the seas down here are as flat as they
were off Massachusetts, you won't need dramamine either. And the late May
and early June pelagic trips often fill up weeks in advance, so it's
never too early to start looking at the calendar and thinking...

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose
Duke University