HBSP on 12-1

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Today I led a field trip for Columbia Audubon Society at Huntington Beach
S.P., Murrells Inlet, Georgetown County, SC.  Besides myself, other
Waccamaw Audubon members joining the group were Dr. Chris Hill and Dave
Gustavson.  Special thanks to Chris for his help with a number of id's. All
told 66 species including a few good birds in caps. There were many
terrible misses notably chickadee, titmouse, wrens. The weather was most
accomadating for the birders with little wind, calm seas on the water and
temps in the high 70's.

Common Loon
Pied-billed Grebe
N. Gannet
Brown Pelican
Double-crested Cormorant
AMERICAN BITTERN-seen by Chris Hill as it flew from the edge of Sandpiper Pond
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Snowy Egret
Little Blue Heron
Tricolored Heron
White Ibis
SNOW GOOSE-3 we all saw this flyover.
Green-winged Teal
Ring-necked Duck
Greater Scaup-(probable)a flock of about 20 flew by off the jetty.
Lesser Scaup-a flock of 7 in Mullet Pond and 1 or 2 others in Sandpiper Pond
Bufflehead
Hooded Merganser
Red-breasted Merganser
Osprey
Bald Eagle-3 different birds an immature and an adult
N. Harrier-2
Cooper's Hawk-a distant perched bird which we were able to id with the
available high quality spotting scopes.
Am. Kestrel
Clapper Rail
Common Moorhen
Am. Coot
Black-bellied Plover
Semipalmated Plover
Piping Plover-3
Am. Oystercatcher
Willet
Ruddy Turnstone
Sanderling
Western Sandpiper
Purple Sandpiper-surprisingly only a few on the jetty
Dunlin-numerous
Short-billed Dowitcher
Laughing Gull
Ring-billed Gull
Herring Gull-1 adult and a number of immatures
Great Black-backed Gull-2 one adult and one first winter bird
Royal Tern
Forster's Tern
Mourning Dove
Belted Kingfisher
Red-bellied Woodpecker-heard only
E. Phoebe-
Tree Swallow
Blue Jay
N. Mockingbird
Loggerhead Shrike
Eur. Starling
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Savannah Sparrow
Saltmarsh Sharp-tailed Sparrow-3 or 4
Seaside Sparrow-3 or 4
Song Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow-heard only
Red-winged Blackbird-several large flocks at least 2,000 birds
E. Meadowlark
Boat-tailed Grackle
House Finch

Good company, fair birding. Its too mild we need some cold weather.

Jack
Jack Peachey
Conway, SC