Ross Goose-Pea Is.

Dear Carolina Birders,
  Rich and I have just come from a two day birding jaunt to the Outer Banks,
11/30 and 12/1.   Our most notable birds were:
          Ross' Goose--in w/show geese--south Pond Pea Island
          Rough-Legged Hawk--Alligator River NWR
          6 White Pelicans--Lake Mattamuskeet--go to the end of Waupoppin Rd
(which was unchained).
          The pelicans were on the right, extreme south end of the lake.
Looking forward to Christmas Bird Counts and the winter CBC meeting.
Good Birding,
Susan and Rich Boyd
sarrington@coastalnet.com