"The Auk"/Greene Tract

   Of possible interest to someone, “The Bookshop” used bookstore on
W.Franklin St.(my favorite spot for bird book treasures!) has 28 vols. of
‘The Auk’ ornithological journal from 1971-87 for sale as a set for $170 --
noticed a few are autographed by Jerome Jackson (of Ivorybill fame); not
sure how journals of his ended up in Chapel Hill???
-------------------------------------
  I may explore the Greene Tract in north Chapel Hill next weekend if anyone
is interested in coming along -- especially anyone local who may want to
have input to decision-makers on what to do with this undeveloped tract
(~170 acres, typical mixed woodland) -- they’re debating whether to leave
untouched or do some development. Think this is in section #5 of Chapel Hill
count circle if anyone assigned to that might be curious.  If interested
email me or call(967-3134) for directions and time I plan to go; don't
expect anything too exciting - my 2 brief visits there yielded Hermit
Thrushes, Winter Wrens, a Brown Creeper, and tons of (both)Kinglets as
highlights.

Rob Gluck
Chapel Hill
thrush@hotmail.com