Samworth WMA, 12-09-01 afternoon

Hello y'all,
    Ritch Lilly and I cruised thru Samworth in the afternoon on 12-09.
Missed  Black Vulture, Bobwhite, Field Sparrow and Grasshopper Sparrow,
(doggone it.) Here's a quick list:

D-c Cormorant
TV
Red-tailed Hawk
Mourning Dove
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Y-b Sapsucker - heard
N. Flicker
Pileated - heard
E. Phoebe
Blue Jay
Am. Crow
Car. Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
White-breasted Nuthatch
B-h Nuthatch - heard
Car. Wren
House Wren
Marsh Wren
G-c Kinglet - heard
R-c Kinglet
B-g Gnatcatcher
E. Bluebird
Hermit Thrush - several, including 4 under the oaks near the boat ramp
Am. Robin - several flocks enjoying Swamp Black Gum fruits
Gray Catbird
N. Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
Y-r Warbler
C. Yellowthroat
E. Towhee
Chipping Sparrow
Savannah
Fox
Song
Lincoln's - 1
Swamp - numerous
White-throated
D-e Junco
N. Cardinal
R-w Blackbird
    Seen from the roadside along Pee Dee Hwy.:
TV
Red-tailed Hawk
Am. Kestrel
Wild Turkey
Mourning Dove
Pileated Wp.
Loggerhead Shrike
Am. Crow
E. Bluebird
N. Mockingbird
R-w Blackbird
E. Meadowlark
C. Grackle
 And one inquisitive landowner with a nice, shiny, un-holstered .44 Mag
laying on the seat of his truck as he inquired of our roadside activities
near his domicile. Jeez, Louise. Y'all be careful out there, you hear?

Cheers,
gary

Gary Phillips
Conway, SC
 Zone 8
walela@sccoast.net
"Never has the earth been so lovely nor the sun so bright, as today..."
(Nikinapi)