RE: Monk nest

Well, since Michael brought it up...  I also think that this situation calls
for a good eco-samaritan act.  However, I dont think that the people in that
community would approve of someone pulling up with a pellet gun (the
extreme) and eradicating them.  They just like the pretty birds.  They think
its special, and dont see the potential disaster that could result.
However, I agree, that by some means these birds should be made captive
again (probably not possible) or...  Though I dont like to see any bird in a
cage, I certainly dont like seeing parrots in Nash County.  That my 2 cents.
  Who makes the call?  I mean its looking like they are suviving winters up
here well enough to start/sustain a population.  Lets just hope that the two
birds left are of the same sex, at least.

Jason Bulluck
Masters Candidate
Department of Biology
Appalachian State University