Re: Jordan Lake

Hi,

At last I was able to see pictures (in IE, Netscape didn't work)
In my opinion you have:

1. Lesser Yellowlegs - the bill is "light based", not more than head length
(or no more than exposed tibia), there is  a big primary projection beyond
the tail tip (much less in Greater). It is not clear but nice-looking
goldish dots and unmarked sides of breast and flanks and rather uniform neck

and breast suggest juvenile

2. Stilt Sandpipers - 2 juveniles (at least one for sure), nice supercilium,

uniform colored neck and breast, clear fringes to back, scapulars and wing
coverts in left-hand bird

3. Wilson's Phalarope - 2 juveniles, dark centered wing coverts with
clear-cut fringes.

Mike

Steve wrote:

> Greg,
>
> I think you got a..
>
> 1. Greater Yellowlegs
>
> 2. Stilt Sandpipers
>
> 3. Wilson's Phalaropes:  Those bills in the Wilson's sure are
> distinctively thin!
>
> Steve Compton
> Summerville,SC
> mailto:scompton@sc.rr.com