Lake Crabtree park Wake Cty NC

Had a decent lunch hour at Lake Crabtree today with 11 species of warblers.
American Redstarts, apparently upset at being usurped by Pine Warblers as
the most abundant overall species yesterday, called in reinforcements.  I
think every redstart in a tri-county area called its brother, friends, etc.
It was, to exagerate only slightly, like being in the eye of a redstart
hurricane.  Anyway here's the list...

Cape May
Blue-winged
Hooded
Blackburnian
Black&White
N. Parula
redstart
Pine
Chestnut-sided
Magnolia
Yellow-throated

Wood thrush
EW Pewee
RE Vireo
WE Vireo (heard)

As in previous days, I found all these little fellas in an area roughly
bounded by the beech shelter parking area, the lake shore, the boat house,
and the boat house parking area.

I'll probably be there at 8am tomorrow to see what's happening if anyone
wants to tag along.  I usually start out at the boat ramp in the morning as
the sun hits the trees there first.  Have a great weekend!

Steve Shultz
Apex, NC