N.C. Wildlife Resources Commision lands maps online

Hi Everybody,

The October issue of Wildlife in North Carolina gives a web page address to
be able to pull up maps of the dozens of game lands owned and managed by
the N. C. Wildlife Resources Commission.  I usually stay away from these
areas during deer season, but otherwise, they can often be great places to
bird.  As they say, "The address is
www.ncwildlife.org/fs_index_04_hunting.htm and click on the Maps link.  The
maps are formatted in Adobe Acrobat, so viewers can zoom in and out, pan
around and print with great clarity."  I just printed out the Holly Shelter
map, a great place to bird on the coastal plain near my home.  The roads
can go for miles and I sometimes ride a bike stopping at places of interest.

Good birding,
Stephen Harris
srharris@mindspring.com
Wilmington, NC