Connecticut Warbler, Clay-colored Sparrow

Hi folks,
The latest cold front dropped fairly good numbers of
migrants on us here on Roanoke Island. Yesterday in
the Elizabethan Gardens I found a good variety of
warblers, a Swainson's Thrush, Rose-breasted Grosbeak,
Blue Grosbeak, Scarlet Tanager and a CLAY-COLORED
SPARROW! The sparrow is still here this morning.

When I got home after work yesterday I found a
beautiful (aren't they all) CONNECTICUT WARBLER in my
back yard! A couple of birders are trying to relocate
it this morning. I will let you know if they succeed.

Jeff Lewis
Manteo, NC