Baird's Sandpiper, Avocet, Black Terns at Jordan

A nice morning along the New Hope Creek mudflats at Jordan Lake (a.ka. the
751 bridge area).  Best bird of the morning was a Baird's Sandpiper at the
mouth of the New Hope Creek.  The lake is at 210.15, or down about 0.3 from
last weekend, and exposing extensive mudflats near the area where New Hope
Creek empties into the lake.  All told we had 15 species of shorebirds (+1
seen by Mike Skakuj).  The Chapel Hill Bird Club arrived as I was leaving,
having located an avocet just west of the 751 bridge.  The bird can probably
be seen from the bridge, feeding in the shallows to the west and on the
south side of the channel.

The list...  (Mike Skakuj was counting birds, so I imagine he will post
numbers a bit later.)

Baird's Sandpiper
Least SP
Western SP