Carolinabirds Archive back in business

After a few months of being down, Matt Pardo has fixed the problem with the
archive so new messages will again be semi-permanently stored for future
use.  The archive address is:

http://www.ibiblio.org/~pardo/birds/

The archive had been down completely since Aug. 13.  I just forwarded a
bunch of Carolinabirds messages I'd kept to the archive address, in order
for them to be archived.  I accidentally sent six of these old messages to
Carolinabirds instead of directly to the archive address (oops - sorry about
that!), so that explains why many of you just received a batch of old
messages.  (Fortunately I forwarded the other 100 or so messages to the
proper address!)

There are at least three places where messages are stored temporarily:

Jack Siler's site - shows the last few days' worth of messages:

The Virtual Birder - keeps messages for two months:
http://www.virtualbirder.com/bmail/carolinabirds/latest.html

Surfbirds - I just discovered the archive here (while posting a couple of
wagtail photos) and have no idea how long messages are kept:
http://www.surfbirds.com/phorum/list.php?f=24

All these are linked from the Carolinabirds info page:
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/cbirds.html

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu