Henderson County Update

Folks,
        At about 10:20 AM this date I decided to check Hooper Lane in
between showers.  Right along Hooper Lane in the front Sod Fields near the
orange trailer I had an unprecedented flock of 130 + - DUNLIN.  We
occasionally see 1 or 2 Dunlin in the spring, but never a guaranteed bird in
the mountains.  This fall I had a total of 28 Dunlin a few weeks back which
was a real surprise for a  fall  record in the mountains, but 130 birds just
seems amazing.  Other then the Dunlin, there were not any other shorebirds
in sight.
Best regards,
Wayne
Wayne K. Forsythe