OBX report

Hi Carolinabirders,

I haven't seen so much as a Rock Dove (okay, I've seen some Rock Doves,
but no House Sparrows) since my epic adventure on Saturday. However, I
just ran into my nature-nut friend Cait Coberly, who spent the weekend on
the Outer Banks. She reports "loads" of Gannets offshore; she says mostly
immatures, only one for-sure adult. And she also said there were
"thousands" of little black ducks whizzing by low over the ocean, which I
assume were Scoters of various sorts. Sounds like we missed a big
waterbird migratory movement over the weekend...

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose
Duke University