Grackle attack!

Folks,

Yesterday I was helping my girlfriend with her yard, Saturday we raked up all the acorns. I pulled in her driveway(after a grass seed run) and hundreds of Common Grackles were in the trees. They took off and I'm not kidding you thousands of acorns showered the entire yard, almost to the point of having to take cover. All these acorns dropped in less than a minute. Were the grackles eating acorns or their sudden exit shake the limbs enough to drop so many acorns. I have no ideal how long they were in the trees, these were small acorns about 3/8 to 1/2 inch round.

Randy Emmitt
 Rougemont, NC