Another swallow name change: MANGROVE SWALLOW in FL!

Hi again,

No, this time I didn't type the wrong name, instead the birders changed
their identification! The green swallow with the white rump in Florida,
which I mentioned yesterday as a probable Violet-Green Swallow, after
having been seen, photographed, and scrutinized by dozens of Florida's top
birders, has now been identified as a Magrove Swallow! This is the first
US record of this species! Anybody want to drive down to Florida on
Friday? (the Viera wetlands, a wastewater-plant construct, are in Brevard
County, roughly 10 hours' drive from Durham, and about 4 1/2 from the
SC/GA state line)

For directions and updates, see the Floridabirds-L listserv at
http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/FLAB.html
The bird was first found on Monday and was seen at least through late this
morning. The wetlands are open 7 days a week, dawn to dusk, according to
posts on the above list.

Thanks to Florida birder Margie Wilkinson for the heads-up!

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose
Duke University