Gt-horned owl in downtown Raleigh

Last night, as Lois and I were headed for the NC Symphony concert, we were about to turn right on South St. from Saunders when a movement along the side of the road caught my attention. My headlights briefly revealed a Great Horned Owl that had just landed on some prey. Quite a surprise for downtown Raleigh! When you think about it though, there is a lot of rodent habitat along the railroad tracks there, as well as the proximity of the feed plant just to the south. Perhaps this bird is tolerating all the human activity in order to take advantage of a reliable food supply.