junco / woodcock

Thanks to all that responded to my query about the Junco.  I'm sure now that
it's two ticks attached to the head and not a disease.  The picture from
Bill's page (http://www.hiltonpond.org/ArticleBirdTicksMain.html) shows a
Finch with the exact same bumps, the inflated ticks.  I appreciate all of
your help and suggestions.

On another note, I kicked up a Woodcock on my morning walk today.  He flew
away alarming at me, I guess I disturbed him (or her?) from a warmed up
resting spot in some pine needles.  Not your every-November-day sighting at
in our woods, it was nice to see.

Take care, Craig Armstrong / Chapel Hill