The Urban Turkey Strikes Again

This morning there was a flock of 18 turkeys in the quad of the University of
NC-Asheville.  They are probably the flock that has been wandering around
Asheville.  Although they looked like wild turkeys, they must have some
domesticated genes as I can't imagine wild turkeys being that bold.  It was
all hens and their broods from this year.  They poked around in the shrubs
adjacent to Robinson/Rhoades Hall, then moved on I know not where.  Anyway, it
seemed an appropriate touch for Thanksgiving.

Marilyn

Marilyn Westphal
Environmental Quality Institute
University of North Carolina-Asheville