cave swallows-yes

Dear Carolinabirders,
  This morning  Rich and I went to Sunset Beach in hopes of seeing the Cave
Swallows that had been recently reported.  We were at the west end of the
island for a whole 2-3 minutes before we saw and heard our first of seven
Cave Swallows. They were flying over our heads as well as over the marshes
and nearby houses. We arrived home to find out John Fussell had reported
that Bob Holmes saw one at Fort Macon St.Pk., a mere 6 miles from our home,
rather than the 135 we traveled!
Good Birding,
Susan and Rich Boyd
Beaufort, NC