Re: Mattamuskeet White Pelican; Pitt Co. (NC) Anhinga

Jeff,

Your siting reminded me of an obscure birding memory
that I thought would never resurface. I sited a female
Anhinga at River Park in August 1998. we visited the
park for a birthday party and it was flooded to the
parking lots because of Hurricane Bonnie. That was the
only time I visited, but I distinctly remember finding
the Anhinga. My mother and I studied the bird for a
while with the spotting scope just to make sure. We
credited the siting to the hurricane.

Kathy Boyer