Red-tailed Hawk

While driving from the Surfside S.C. Wal-Mart this morning, I spotted a
fine feathered Hawk sitting on the ground right next to the busy road.
He was the proud owner of a large pile of white feathers.
I pulled off into a parking space about 20 yrds. from the bird to try
and ID the source of the feathers. I watched the Hawk eat for a short
while. I was in the car and didn't seem to bother the bird at all. After
about 5 min. he took flight carrying his prize. There will be one less
Laughing Gull on the Christmas bird count this year.
Phil

Phil and Sharon Turner
Myrtle Beach, S C
philshar@earthlink.net