Swallows--Tree, Barn and Cave

A belated report.

I found all three swallows at Santee Coastal Reserve yesterday, Friday
12-6-02, about 1030.

There was a "group" of perhaps 25-30 swallows that I observed working one
corner of an impoundment for at least 10 minutes.  It was a loose
arrangement with not more than 4-5 birds in sight in the corner at one time,
sometimes momentarily none. Most were Tree Swallows.  I identified five Barn
Swallows and three Cave Swallows, all singly, so that with probable repeat
performances I'd guess there were maybe three Barn Swallows and two Cave
Swallows that I was seeing.

Other than this group, I saw probably a dozen other swallows--the few that I
identified were Tree Swallows.

Lloyd Moon
Sumter, S. C.
lmoon@sc.rr.com