Rufous Hummer at Lexington SC

Although there have been several reports of vagrant hummingbirds from the coastal counties and northwestern sections of South Carolina, not much seems to be happening in the Midlands this fall.

However, today (18 December 2002) I traveled to Lexington SC to capture and band an adult female Rufous Hummingbird that has been coming to a feeder regularly since perhaps early October.

Details and photos are at http://www.hiltonpond.org/RufousBanding021218Main.html .

Happy Holiday Hummingbird Watching,

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is "to conserve plants, animals, and other natural components of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages." Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net) at http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org .

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.