Re: Bat(s) at Alligator River count, too

HARRY LeGRAND wrote:

Folks:
	After reading about Josh Rose's Red Bat on the Chapel Hill count
yesterday, I felt obliged to chime in. I too saw a Red Bat yesterday, on
the Alligator River NWR (bird) count. Actually, everyone seemed to enjoy
the mammals on the count as much as the birds.

Back in the "old days," Audubon actually encouraged CBC participants to report sightings of mammals and other wildlife and--I think--published at last some of that information along with the bird data.

Happy nature watching,

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is "to conserve plants, animals, and other natural components of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages." Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net) at http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org .

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.