more bats!

Well, bat. The Lake Norman count was 1. (Actually, it could have been more. I forgot to mention it at the tally-up dinner, so maybe others saw them as well.)
Hill count, I had one at the end of the day for the Lake Norman count
as I tried for (and got) a Great Horned Owl as my last bird of the
day. Mine was out as it was getting fairly dark--a more bat-like time
of day than Josh's at 3:15.

My other goodie for the day was a pair of not-so-Common Mergansers. I
think a first for this count.

Happy Holidays,

--
Rob Bierregaard