Re: Snipe or Woodcock

Thanks to all who replied both offline and on list. I believe that it
was probably a Wilson's Snipe, but given that I didn't know enough to
properly identify it in the field, it'll remain a question mark. I'll
definitely be looking for these in the future. Here all this time I
thought "going on a snipe hunt" was a joke ;-).

One thing that was lots easier to ID after the fact was our "abnormally
large mice".  They were most probably meadow voles since they had
rounded faces, relatively long hair and very small ears. Perhaps that
accounts for all the bobcat scat. I've seen a bobcat out there, once and
sadly, only once. (Nov. 2000)

Thanks for the input,
Mike Swaim
wandering Orang