Litchfield-Pawleys Island CBC

Hi Carolinabirders,
Today, Dec. 30th the 33rd Litchfield-Pawleys Island CBC was held under
the most favorable of weather conditions-mild temps (it actually reached
70 according to one of the participants)clear skies and little wind.
What a difference a year makes!!! We had close to 45 participants and
reached a phenomenal total (unofficial) of 167 species, which shatters
the count record of 158.  Seven species were picked up which were not on
the anticipated list.  These were: Whimbrel, Common Goldeneye, (seen by
Perry Nugent et al) Long-tailed Duck (seen and photographed by Phil
Turner), Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Rufous Hummingbird (Gary Phillips on
his hummingbird run) Nightjar sp (Naturalist Steve Roff on his way to
open the Education Center at 6AM) and new to the count an immature or
female Painted Bunting (Jack Peachey along the carriage path)

While these results are "unofficial", I'm reasonably certain the final
tally will be 167 as all tally sheets are in, except for one feeder
watcher.
Thanks to all who participated.

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC