Tryon CBC Results and Ventures Update

C-birders;
The Polk County Christmas Bird Count was held on Saturday 28 December and
was a fairly cool and pleasant day. We finished the day with exactly 70
species, which was about average for the past few years.
Highlights were: Wild Turkey, Hooded Merganser, Grasshopper and
White-crowned Sparrows, House Wren and Purple Finch. My thanks to all of the
folks that helped out that day.

There are several January offerings on the Ventures calendar:
January 5    Hooper Lane, Henderson Co., NC for Winter Sparrows and more
January 10-13    TN Aquarium, Sandhill Cranes, winter birds in Chattanooga
January 23-26    Winter birding around Charleston, SC
For more information contact the Ventures office or check out the web site
at www.birdventures.com

Have a safe and enjoyable New Year
Simon

Simon Thompson