Western Tanager in Morehead City, NC

A Western Tanager continues to be present in my yard, in Morehead City,
NC (2 January).

The  bird looks like the "bright adult female" shown in Sibley.  Wonder
how this would compare with a first-winter male.

Saw it eating several red cedar "berries" today.

Also still have 2 Selasphorus hummers, 2-3 Ruby-throated Hummers, and 3+
Baltimore Orioles.

The hummers aren't coming to the feeders much the last couple of
days--too warm I guess.  They spend a lot of time diving through swarms
of some type of tiny insect.

John Fussell
Morehead City, NC
jfuss@clis.com

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Cape Lookout Mail Server]