Birding Software? Field Guide for Peru?

Happy New Year everyone!

I am hoping someone can point me in the direction of some birding software.  I am an "intermediate" birder with a strong science background.  I am hoping to find software that will let me keep multiple bird lists (State, US, Worldwide), provide life history information, taxonomic information,  identification keys, range maps, journal-type entries for birding trips and can download updates from the Internet (I'm not asking for much am I? LOL)

Also I will have the opportunity to spend some time at the Tamshiyacu-Tahuaya Reserve in Peru this coming May.  Can anyone make a recommendation for a good field guide?

Timothy Gamble
Collections Technician

The Schiele
Museum of Natural History