January Wake Audubon events

Howdy!

Happy New Year! Our first bird of the year was a Yellow-rumped Warbler,
followed closely by a male cardinal, which are the same birds we saw
last year on January 1st.

Everyone is invited to the following January 2003 Wake Audubon Society
events held in Raleigh, NC!

Happy birding!
Karen Bearden

chickadeebirders@earthlink.net

Monthly Program
Tuesday, January 14, "Black Bears in Eastern North Carolina." Hear NC
State graduate student Tim Langer describe the research he is conducting
on black bear populations. The meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. in the
A-level conference room of the North Carolina Museum of Natural
Sciences, 571-0388.

Field Trips
Bagels and Birding on the Buckeye, Saturday, January 5, 8:30 a.m. Meet
at the Greenway parking area on Crabtree Boulevard, between Capital
Boulevard and Raleigh Boulevard, 832-4128.

Waterfowl of Falls Lake, Saturday, January 11, 7:00 a.m. Explore the
lake for overwintering waterfowl and other seasonal residents with Brian
Bockhahn. Meet at Rollingview Recreation Area front gate, 571-0388.
(Call in advance for this one because it may need to be canceled due to
ice storm damage.)

Anderson Point Avian Adventures, Saturday, January 19, 8:30 a.m. Meet in
the parking lot at Anderson Point Park. Highway 64 E from the Beltline
two miles. Turn right on Rogers Lane; the parking lot is at the end of
the street, 881-2601.