carolina tea

thanks for the posting re: carolina tea...i knew of
the plantation, but did not the tea could be purchased
at the Teeter supermarket; i'd only seen it in
expensive gift shops on the Outer Banks...also didn't
know it was pesticide-free--at least this is "bird
friendly" and nice for other wildlife and humans too.
Also, by purchasing this tea, i guess one would also
be boycotting other teas that are apparently grown
under conditions less conducive to bird life.  ONe
last thing--since the Carolina tea is black tea, it's
healthy, since black tea has now been found to have
the same benefits as green tea.

And a bird posting for the day...

Sightings of wild turkey again along Hwy. 168 in
Currituck County after not seeing them for quite some
time.  Also, along the same stretch (the route to the
Outer BAnks, just south of Coinjock) we've sighted a
barred owk perched on a power line beside the road; it
was seen around 4:00 pm. on two occasions within the
past week---this is the first time in 25 yrs. of
birding i've ever seen an owl on a power line. We had
an excellent look, so no doubt. Also, a red-shouldered
hawk about half a mile from the owl, also on the power
line.

linda

=====
--Linda Jeannette Ward