rufous hummer in Ashe Cnty

A hummingbird was photographed on Jan 3rd in Creston, Ashe Cnty, NC.  The
photo and comments by the photographer, Edith McNeill, who believes the bird
to be a rufous, can be seen at http://booneweather.com/snowforecast.shtml

I just happened to see the photo there this morning and thought I'd pass
this on.  I don't know Edith nor her contact info.

Boone birding has been very slow.  Our CBC was a real sleeper; 4 birders
found 37 species, including ravens, snipe, red-shouldered hawk, and one
bufflehead. Almost no winter finches are being found; unlike last year, when
hundreds of pine siskins were covering up Grandfather Mtn, we now have none
to speak of.  Oh well, it was fun.

Walton Conway
The Golden Cockerel, Boone, NC
www.goldencockerel.com