nightbird again

The calling night bird is back again.  I had the opportunity to listen
longer and more critically tonight and the call is being given approximately
every three seconds for a long period.  I counted 23 without interruption.
I'm inclined to agree with Josh that it's a lost Chuck Will's Widow.  The
call sounds like the last word of that song.  I used my Thayer's BNA to
confirm the sound.  It has no tremolo and isn't nasal enough to be a barred
owl.  Thanks to those who responded.
Bruce Krucke
Yonges Island, SC