HBSP on 1-11

Hi Cbirders,
Before I begin my report for yesterday, let me note that Bob Maxwell
called this morning that on his way out of HBSP this morning he noted
two Swans landing in Mullet Pond.  He was in a hurry to get to church on
time but that he will look for them this afternoon.
Now for yesterday. Bob Maxwell and I met for an afternoon of birding at
the causeway, and jetty area.  Not much there. I believe this week's
mild weather dispersed a lot of birds. 42 species.  Single digit numbers
exact, double and triple digit numbers estimates.
Common Loon-5
Pied-billed Grebe-<10
N. Gannet-3 not a Gannet day they were way off
Brown Pelican-5
Double-crested Cormorant-150
Great Blue Heron-2
Great Egret-1
Tricolored Heron-3
White Ibis-3
Green-winged Teal-3
Gadwall-2
Am. Wigeon-5
Redhead-5
Greater Scaup-1 male in Mullet Pond(Mecklenburg Audubon field trip folks
found two females as well)
Lesser Scaup-10
Surf Scoter-1 female
Bufflehead-10
Hooded Merganser->10
Ruddy Duck->15
Turkey Vulture-1
Black-bellied Plover-6
Piping Plover-11 including two ringed individuals
Greater Yellowlegs-1
Ruddy Turnstone-40
Sanderling-8
Western Sandpiper-1