RE: Coddle Creek Reservoirs - a.k.a. Lake Don T. Howell

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomm Lorenzin
To: 'Shantanu Phukan'; Listserv CarolinaBirds
Sent: 1/16/03 2:06 PM
Subject: Coddle Creek Reservoirs - a.k.a. Lake Don T. Howell

"Just one question for local Charlotte folks: Who on earth was Don T
Howell and why do we have to suffer his name (with its middle initial)
on a lovely lake which already had a perfectly pleasant and very homey
name: Coddle Creek?"

Politics, my dear Shantanu (if I may be so familiar).  Simply arcane
politics. And please don't feel left out if you do not understand
American politics - especially SOUTHERN American politics.  None of us
sane and honest folk do. <G>

Is this the same reason we have to suffer "long-tailed" duck and
"blue-headed" vireo? If so, I now understand everything :)

Eric Harrold
Charlotte, NC